In addition to the default environment, the following variables are consumed through this workflow
Consumed By Steps
The instance type to use for compute nodes (e.g. GCP https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/machine-types). We use a 4 core worker to match the median configuration of the fleet.
The number of control plane nodes to create for the cluster.
This variable should only be supplied in consultation with the etcd team. The
etcd operator has to explicitly support the specified number of control plane
nodes and values not documented below will result in unhealthy and/or
Valid values include:
* "" (default) - 3 control plane nodes. The standard for stand-alone clusters.
* "1" - Supportable for single-node OpenShift (SNO).
* "5" - Supportable only for select customers.
The size of the cluster in one of our supported t-shirt values that is standard across all CI environments.
The sizes are:
* "" (default) - 4 vCPU, 16GB control plane nodes, default workers
* "compact" - 8 vCPU, 32GB control plane nodes, no workers
* "large" - 16 vCPU, 64GB+ control plane nodes, default workers, suitable for clusters up to 250 nodes
* "xlarge" - 32 vCPU, 128GB+ control plane nodes, default workers, suitable for clusters up to 1000 nodes
These sizes are roughly consistent across all cloud providers, but we may not be able to instantiate some sizes
in some regions or accounts due to quota issues.